“Focus on feeling your best!!”
It is not uncommon for the skin for the skin above our eyes to start to droop as we get older; causing what is often referred to as the hood effect, this make eyes look tired and the face look old. Brow lift surgery is a simple procedure carried out to lift the area directly above the eye, opening up the eye area and making the face look younger. It involves lifting the brow itself and tightening the muscles which have been stretched over time, as well as tightening any loose skin in the area and reducing excess fatty tissue. While brow lift surgery is often performed for purely cosmetic reasons, drooping bows and upper eye lids can affect vision in the most extreme of cases and this can be a quick and simple way to rectify the situation.
Following are the points that will make the Eyebrow Lift treatment clearer.
- A brow lift is also known as a forehead lift.
- This surgery reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes and improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows.
- It also raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids and places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position.
“Safe, Simple and Scarless”
The brow lift operation is performed under general anaesthetic and takes between one and two hours to complete depending on the technique used. There are two types of brow lift surgery and the one chosen by the surgeon for you will depend on your skin type, the condition of your skin and where your hairline is.
- OPEN BROW LIFT If the open brow lift is the most appropriate for you, the surgeon will make an incision from one ear, along or slightly back from the hairline to your other ear. Please note that for bald patients or those with a receding hair line, the incision can usually be hidden in a natural forehead crease. Once the incision has been made the surgeon will carefully separate the skin on the upper part of the face from the underlying tissue before working to reduce or tighten the muscles. The skin is then stretched and stitched or clipped in place, within any excess skin removed.
- ENDOSCOPIC BROW LIFT This brow lift procedure sees the surgeon making three to five small incisions in various locations on the scalp through which a thin plastic tube with a tiny camera at one end is inserted. The images gathered from the camera are relayed live to a screen in the theatre and this allows the surgeon to operate on the muscles and fatty tissue behind the hairline. The eyebrows are lifted and held in place with stitches, or temporary screws behind the hairline and the incisions are either stitched or clipped.
- THE BENEFITS OF BROW LIFT SURGERY
- Increased overall self-confidence
- Increased self-esteem
- Look more youthful and rejuvenated
- Correct the asymmetry of the forehead and eyebrows.